DIPAYAN (DIP) BISWAS
I am the Frank Harvey Endowed Professor of Marketing at University of South Florida (Tampa). I received my PhD in Marketing from University of California, Irvine, and my MBA from Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
My research interests are in managerially/practically relevant behavioral research in the domain of sensory marketing, with emphasis on topics related to health & wellbeing, retailing, and digital marketing.
To elaborate, my key research areas are:
- Sensory Marketing: Food & Health; Consumer Welfare & Wellbeing; Sensory Aspects of Retail Atmospherics; Experiential Marketing; Sensory Aspects of Services Marketing; Implications for Healthcare.
- Digital Marketing: Sensory and Interactive Aspects of Digital Marketing; Sensory Elements of Digital Environments.
My research has been published in Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Marketing, and Journal of Marketing Research, among other journals.
Several of my published papers have high Altmetric scores (“which examine each article’s record of attention, measure of dissemination, and indicator of influence and impact”: JCR website). For example, my 2017 JMR and 2019 JMR papers have the highest and second highest Altmetric scores among all JMR papers every published. My forthcoming JM paper has the second highest Altmetric score among all JM papers.
I serve as Associate Editor at:
- Journal of Marketing Research
- Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science
- Journal of Retailing
- Journal of Public Policy & Marketing
I serve on the Editorial Review Boards of:
- Journal of Consumer Research
- Journal of Marketing
I have received grants/awards funded by NSF, USDA, ACR, AMA, and AMS.
I have collaborated on research and/or consulting projects with multiple companies across several countries (USA, Sweden, Netherlands, France, India, Germany, Norway) and the research findings have directly influenced business practices of many companies.
My research has been covered by over 200 media outlets worldwide (e.g., Wall Street Journal, ABC, CBS, Food Network, Fox, NBC, NY Times, Washington Post, etc.).
Copyright © Dipayan Biswas. All rights reserved.